Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Adrenal glands and hypothalamus

I always thought that my body secrets so much Adrenaline and Cortisol in response to stress but I think I was wrong. I'm now studying about these hormones on Wikipedia and I just found out that they are secreted from adrenal glands so that we don't go on Cardiac arrest. So in a way it could be that my body produces not enough amounts of Cortisol or Adrenaline. In fact Adrenaline relaxes the muscles and is used as a drug for cardiac arrest.

Also probably there could be something wrong with my hypothalamus that I lose control when I'm stressed, resulting in over stress and stutter.

as long as Hypothalamus is responsible for sleeping and circadian cycle or biological clock then I might have hurt my hypothalamus myself by playing so much games overnight, being awake surfing internet or not having enough sleep because of my work. The only thing that I think of is to organize my sleep. Maybe that i why I feel sleepy during the day all the time.

For years I thought I need to take anti-adrenaline drugs to suppress secretion of adrenaline, but I never thought that this could be due to secretion of hypothalamus hormones or the malfunction of hypothalamus. Hypothalamus is responsible for many things in the body, but at the same time it is so small, as small as an almond. So if I stay awake and hurt my hypothalamus I might hurt other functions of it. One of which is sex drive. I have less sex drive than I used to have and I don't think it is because of getting old. I have some times problem with erection and my size is not as high as it used to be.

Some times my stress is so much that it hurts my back and waist. I can feel a pain in my back when giving a speech or presenting data in front of a crowd. Perhaps that's one of the reasons I have Sciathic pain. I have felt this pain after arguments and fights also.

The same problem is for my brother. He cannot sleep at all. He is also addicted to internet for a long time now and just like me he has suffered from depression in the past. Or this all could be genetic. Maybe we genetically have hypothalamus problem.

I also have problem with memory. I just took a look at different sections of Hypothalamus and memory part is very close to stress part. I cannot be certain but maybe that's why I have memory problem also.

So it is all in the hypothalamus !!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NeoEarth

Full Size Synth Piano